Find Fast, Quality Emergency Dentistry at Dolan Dental
At Dolan Dental, we understand that emergency situations tend to strike when someone is least expecting it – maybe your child fell on the playground and knocked out a tooth, or maybe what was once a slight discomfort in the mouth has suddenly blossomed into a severe, ongoing pain. Whatever your situation is, Dr. Thomas Dolan and Dr. Brendan Dolan have one important goal: to provide fast, effective relief! That’s why our team treats urgent cases as soon as we possibly can, even coming in after-hours and on weekends when we’re able to in order to see patients in need. Don’t hesitate to give our Wethersfield, CT office a call today to schedule your first appointment. We also welcome patients from Rocky Hill, CT and other surrounding areas!
What Counts As A Dental Emergency?
If you believe that you’re experiencing a dental emergency, we believe it too. In case you’re still unsure, though, here are some of the most common situations that we think fall under the “emergency” umbrella:
- Cracked/Broken Tooth
- Knocked-Out Tooth
- Lost/Damaged Restoration (Filling, Crown, Etc)
- Painful Toothache
- Oral Bleeding
- Jaw Injury
- Gum Tissue Injury
How Can I Prevent Dental Emergencies?
Unfortunately, there’s no way to protect against dental emergencies with a 100% success rate. However, you can reduce you and your family’s risk by following a few simple guidelines:
- Do your best to avoid foods that are overly tough to chew, sticky, or hard. Additionally, don’t bite down on the ice in drinks.
- Always use scissors to open difficult packaging instead of your own teeth.
- Be sure to wear a mouthguard if you suffer from bruxism (teeth grinding), or if you regularly participate in sports where physical contact can happen.
- Make sure to attend regular checkups every six months (or twice yearly) at Dolan Dental! By regularly inspecting your smile, we can locate and treat little problems before they become big ones.